All services are provided by Tangu’s Multidisciplinary clinical treatment team:
Certified Addiction Counselors
Continuing Care Program (Aftercare)
It is the mission of the Tangu’s aftercare program to provide clients who have successfully completed substance abuse treatment with continual assistance in the growth of their recovery. To provide an entity that provides both a safe and confidential atmosphere that will allow clients to process issues in their life that can be detrimental to their recovery. To assist clients in meeting the goals contained in their continuing care plans. To provide a forum, in which clients can explore the successes and obstacles in post treatment and receive feedback and support from other participants in the program.
1) To assist clients in maintaining continual absence from substance abuse through random drug testing.
2) To assist clients in nurturing the growth of their recovery by process their feeling and emotions in either a group or individual setting
3) To monitor clients and assist them in the implementation of their relapse prevention plan.
4) Make available relapse prevention classes to clients.
5) To provide referrals and other assistance, when possible, with housing, economics and other social needs.
Recovery Group Program
Tangu recovery groups provide clients education on successful recovery from drug and alcohol addictions. Clients gain an understanding of fundamental principles of recovery, including mindfulness and utilizing positive coping mechanisms.
Recovery Group Goals:
Understand psychological, physiological and spirited components of opioid addiction
Establish foundation to support recovery from substance abuse.
Improve insight into basic principles that support long-term recovery from drug and alcohol addiction.
Relapse Prevention Program
The ultimate goal of the relapse prevention process at Tangu was designed to focus on two broad treatment objectives:
1) to teach clientele how to use a broad spectrum of coping activities to help deal with problems, interpersonal conflicts and negative mood states.
2) to teach clientele how to anticipate and challenge the thoughts, cravings and urges that will continue to challenge their sobriety.
Tangu works with our patients to identify a wide range of interpersonal and intrapersonal stressors, triggers, cravings and urges that pull for impulsive/self-defeating behavior including substance and alcohol usage.
Ideally this process is to teach coping skills that one can use to weather stressful circumstances and maintain abstinence. Ideally clients will learn alternative approaches to stress management that have a greater potential for long term benefit.